Discover the Etruscans on this guided cultural tour and visit the city of Tarquinia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the ancient Etruscan necropolis with tombs painted over 3000 years ago.
Walking Tour of Civita di Bagnoregio
Connected to the rest of the world by a 300-meter bridge, Civita di Bagnoregio is a charming village that makes you feel like you’re in a world that no longer exists. Walk through the scenes and stories of this place and discover all its corners, composed of old houses and narrow streets and surrounded by beautiful landscapes:
- The Romanesque arch at the entrance of Civita was cut by the Etruscans 2500 years ago.
- The Renaissance palace: All that remains of an the palace is the façade. The rest has collapsed into the canyon.
- The largest city square was the site of the donkey races on the first Sunday of June and the second Sunday of September. In the evening, the square is the place to be because what remains of the city socializes there.
- Maria’s Garden: Follow the main road to the opposite side of the city to see a pretty garden overlooking the canyon. If the garden is open, owner Maria welcomes you in for a brief tour if you wish (be sure to tip her a euro or two if you take the tour).
- Take a walking tour of Civita di Bagnoregio
- Explore this unique city and listen to its history
- Walk on the bridge that connects Bagnoregio to the rest of the world
- Transfer from the port of Civitavecchia and return
- Entrance ticket to the city
- Light lunch
- Additional stops in Tuscania, Viterbo, Bolsena, or Tarquinia