Visit the Colosseum, the heart and symbol of the Roman Empire. This tour is ideal for those who want to relive the days when Rome was known as Caput Mundi, the center of the world.
Cultural Tour of Tarquinia and Its Etruscan History
Explore the city of Tarquinia and visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Etruscan necropolis, containing tombs painted over 3000 years ago, with your local guide. Discover the extraordinary works of art in the tombs, which precede the Romans and offer a unique view of ancient culture and the daily life of the Etruscans.
After the necropolis, follow your guide to one of the most impressive Etruscan museums, located in the spectacular Palazzo Vitelleschi. Continue your discovery of Etruscan life and see pottery, art, and craft items that were previously exhibited in New York and Paris.
Finish your stay in Tarquinia by relaxing and enjoying an authentic Italian lunch in a typical local restaurant. Savor the unique and dazzling flavors of the Lazio region for the perfect end to your day of discovery.
- Visit Tarquinia and discover the history of the Etruscans
- Explore the wonderful Etruscan tombs painted over 3000 years ago
- Discover an impressive Etruscan museum
- Enjoy a typical Italian lunch
- What Is Included
- Entrance ticket to the Etruscan Necropolis
- Entrance ticket to the Etruscan museum at Palazzo Vitelleschi
- Typical Italian lunch
- Pick-up and return to the port of Civitavecchia
- Transport to Tarquinia
- Additional Services on Request
- Additional stops in Tuscania or Vulci