See all the highlights of Rome in one day on this full-day tour with an experienced guide. The Sistine Chapel, the Basilica of San Pietro and the Colosseum!
Guided Vatican Tour in Rome
This tour allows you to admire an infinite number of masterpieces such as the ‘Pietà’ and the ‘Last Judgment’ by Michelangelo, splendid works by Bernini, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino, and other incredible treasures under the roofs of the world-famous Vatican museums.
The numerous popes who lived in the Vatican have continually enriched it with various works of art, but the unmissable ceiling of the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo’s sublime ‘Last Judgment’ are certainly the main attractions.
After meeting with your tour guide, you reach the entrance to the usually packed museum, where you skip the check-in line and enter the museum through a panoramic terrace overlooking the Vatican gardens and a splendid view of the dome of St. Peter.
During the tour, you admire the most beautiful ancient Roman statues. You’re sure to be breathless for the entire length of the enormous Tapestry Hall. Then, through the Hall of the Painted Maps, you enter the Sistine Chapel, whose impact on history, religion, and the arts has no equal in the world!
You get to enjoy all this in a small and intimate group of up to 10 people. Finally, through a special door available only if accompanied by your tour guide, you reach the largest Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica. Once you enter, the size of the structure and the attention to detail overwhelm you. Here you can find the ‘Pietà’ by Michelangelo and the tombs of the popes, including Saint John Paul II and Saint Peter the Apostle.
- Skip the line to enter the Vatican Museums
- Enjoy the view of St. Peter’s dome and the Vatican gardens from the panoramic terrace
- Walk through the highlights of the Vatican Museums
- Discover some of the most famous Greek-Roman sculptures
- Walk through the gallery of beautiful Flemish tapestries
- Enter and admire the unique beauty of the Sistine Chapel
- Enter the largest and arguably the most beautiful Catholic church in the world: St. Peter’s Basilica
- What Is Included
- Pick-up and drop-off from Largo della Pace SNC in Civitavecchia
- Authorized tourist guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Audio headphones to listen to your guide
- Transfer to Rome and return
- Additional Services on Request
Additional stops in Cerveteri