Discover the Etruscans on this guided cultural tour and visit the city of Tarquinia, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the ancient Etruscan necropolis with tombs painted over 3000 years ago.
Discover Rome’s Highlights in One Day
Discover the most important highlights of Rome, including the Vatican Museums, the Colosseum, and the Roman Forum on this tour departing from Civitavecchia.
We begin at the Vatican Museum, where you don’t have to worry about the crowd, as this tour includes exclusive access to museum admission tickets. The Vatican Museums is one of the most visited museum complexes in the world and overflows with masterpieces by many of the most important Renaissance and Baroque artists in the world. Your guide takes you through all the major galleries, providing a fascinating overview of history and cultural significance. The tour includes visits to the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, and other important museums.
After that, you stop for lunch in a high-end restaurant and savor authentic Roman cuisine. Then you go to the Colosseum and, once again, you can skip the long lines outside. Here, your guide brings life to the most famous amphitheater in the world, explaining its imposing structure and recreating the days when it was full of the sounds of roaring animals and crowds and swords of gladiators.
Later, you visit the Roman Forum, which was once the social, governmental, economic, and religious center of the ancient city. At the end of the day, you are taken back to the port of Civitavecchia.
- See the best of Rome in one day, including the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Colosseum
- Discover the history and culture from our expert guide
- Enjoy priority access to all museums and attractions
- What Is Included
- Pick-up and drop-off from Largo Della Pace SNC in Civitavecchia
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Vatican Museums, the Colosseum, and the Roman Forum
- Authorized guide
- Transfer to and from Rome
- Additional Services on Request
Set menu for lunch in a typical restaurant