Take a walking tour of Rome that includes Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, Sisto Bridge, and arrive to the medieval world of Trastevere. Enjoy lunch and the beautiful church there.
Discover the Heart of the Roman Empire
Tour the Colosseum, the heart and symbol of the Roman Empire, and the Roman Forum. This tour is ideal for those who want to relive the days when Rome was known as Caput Mundi, the center of the world.
You are picked up from the port of Civitavecchia in an air-conditioned van by one of our professional drivers, who take you to the meeting point with the guide and other tour participants at the Colosseum. After a brief explanation of the itinerary, you visit the largest amphitheater in the world with a skip-the-line ticket that allows you to get directly to the security check.
Once inside, the tour guide brings the Colosseum back to life, explaining how the gladiators entertain the crowds with spectacular fights and show the engineering applied by the Romans to build such an impressive structure in their time.
After the Colosseum, you continue to the archaeological site of the Roman Forum, which represented the commercial, legal, and administrative center of ancient Rome. You literally feel like you’re back in time during the imperial age of Rome, all this while walking on ancient ruins like the mausoleum of Julius Caesar, where his body was cremated, the imposing temple of Antoninus and Faustina, and the fascinating structure of the ancient Roman Senate.
Take a walk through time and discover the true meaning of the phrase “bread and circuses” while your guide describes the splendor, the glory, and the show that made the Colosseum the most refined and technologically advanced entertainment complex of its time. At the end of the visit, after some free time to explore, you are taken back to the port of Civitavecchia.
- Walk along the arch of Constantine
- Skip the line for the Colosseum and the Roman Forum
- Explore the most beautiful sections of the largest amphitheater in the world
- Walk through the highlights of the Roman Forum archaeological site
- Discover the different fights between gladiators and deadly games
- What Is Included
- Pick-up/drop-off from Largo della Pace SNC in the port of Civitavecchia
- Round-trip shared transfer to Rome
- Authorized tourist guide
- Small group of 10 people or less
- Skip-the-line line entrance tickets
- Additional Services on Request
Additional stops in Cerveteri