- Begin the tour in Navona square and admire the world renowned fountain of the four rivers by Bernini
- Learn how the Pope commissioned the two great rivals Bernini and Borromini to decorate Navona square
- Visit from the outside one of the best preserved ancient Roman monuments: the Pantheon
- Walk through the picturesque narrow streets nearby the Pantheon and pass the columns of Emperor Hadrian
- Enjoy the beautiful Trevi fountain at night with the lights shining on the clear waters
- Remember to throw a coin in the fountain. It will guarantee your return to Rome
- Lastly visit the famous Spanish steps named after the Spanish embassy to the Holy See
This tour includes pick up from Civitavecchia and then a stroll through Rome’s historic center. You will begin with the stunning Pantheon, the best preserved ancient Roman building in the world which has been continuously used since its consecration as a pagan temple to ‘all the gods’ almost 2000 years ago and now is an active Roman Catholic Basilica. Built by the Emperor Hadrian, this architectural marvel touts the world’s largest unsupported concrete dome with an opening or Oculus in the center meaning it actually rains inside the building. We will then walk through Piazza Navona, built on the ruins of the Emperor Domitian’s stadium and now adorned by Bernini’s Fountain of the Four Rivers, next onto Campo di Fiori, the colorful food market by morning and hotspot for young people by evening and then the gorgeous Piazza Farnese next door, with Michelangelo’s French Embassy and ancient Roman water basins serving as fountains originally from the Imperial Baths Of Caracalla. We will cross the Tiber river over the Ponte Sisto bridge arriving in the medieval world of Trastevere, ending in the spectacular square of Santa Maria in Trastevere, burial place of a few Popes and some of the best examples of Byzantine mosaic art and wood carved ceiling .. At about 14 PM we will start to come back to the port of Civitavecchia .
Availability: year round
Days of Operation: daily
Duration: 6,5 hours
Tour starts: 08.45 AM
Meeting point: I’ll wait for you with a signature of your name in “Largo della Pace snc” Civitavecchia. It is the meeting point and last stop of the port free shuttle bus (that picks up you from the boat).
Pick-up and drop off: Terminal Cruise Shuttle bus – Largo della Pace, Civitavecchia.
- Pick up and drop off from “Largo della Pace SNC” in Civitavecchia;
fixed menu lunch in a typical restaurant;
licensed guide for walking;
- transfer to Rome single and return.
not included: gratuity if you are pleased with the service
Additional services on request: additional stops in Cerveteri,
We suggest to wear comfortable shoes, bring a hat to protect yourself from the sun and an umbrella to procet you from the rain. Remember that is not permitted to visit churches in shorts, miniskirts or uncovered shoulders. The tour can be changed without notice due to weather and traffic. Visitors could be asked an ID/Passport for security reasons, please make sure you have a valid one with you